The below call to organise a workshop in Lausanne can be of interest to readers of the blog. CECAM-Lorentz offer generous funding and great organisational support.
Deadline 1 November 2020.
CECAM and the Lorentz Center annually organize a call to attract scientists who want to organize a computational science workshop. Every other year the workshop will be held at the Lorentz Center in Leiden or at CECAM in Lausanne.
The CECAM-Lorentz program plans to host a leading-edge workshop in computational simulation and modeling and its applications. Otherwise, the topic is open.
In 2021 the workshop will be held at CECAM HQ, Lausanne, Switzerland.
This year we would especially like to encourage applications in the areas of non-equilibrium systems and/or COVID-19 related scientific challenges.
What we seek
• an innovative scientific programme, that takes us beyond our current boundaries
• an open and interactive format, with few lectures
What we offer
• a 5-day workshop for up to 25 people in the second half of 2021
• travel and accommodation reimbursements and other organisational costs
• a professional support organisation
• a 1-page expression of interest by 1 November 2020
• a full application by 15 December 2020
• final decision mid-January 2021
• submit applications via: cecam.org/submit-lorentz-proposal
Lorentz Center Evaluation committee
Marjolein Dijkstra, Utrecht University
Eberhard Gross, Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics
Joost Kok, Leiden University / University of Twente
Evert Jan Meijer, University of Amsterdam
Please find answers to several FAQs here
Henriette Jensenius, scientific manager Lorentz Center, email@example.com
Ignacio Pagonabarraga, director CECAM, firstname.lastname@example.org