The next iteration of our awesome series of The Connected Past conferences is scheduled to take place in the gorgeous Heraklion Archaeological Museum on Crete in Greece. This amazing venue features a fantastic collection of especially Minoan archaeology and the conference even includes an expert-guided trip to Knossos. You don’t want to miss this!
As always, this event will provide a friendly and inclusive platform to share your work on archaeological and historical network research. All work on general network method and theory topics are welcome! But this conference will also feature a particular focus on Aegean archaeology.
CFP deadline: 31 January 2022
More information: https://connectedpast.net
CALL for PAPERS
The Connected Past conference, September 1-2, 2022, Heraklion, Crete
Networks in the archaeology of the ancient Aegean
- Heraklion Archaeological Museum (Director: Stella Mandalaki; conference contact: Katerina Athanasaki,Head of the Department of Exhibitions, Education and Public Relations)
- University of Toronto (Carl Knappett, Department of Art History)
The ancient Aegean and Mediterranean have been key testing grounds for the development of network concepts and methods in archaeology. A distinctive feature of network analysis in these areas is its uptake among both prehistorians and ancient historians, with studies ranging from the Neolithic to Late Antique. This two-day conference offers an opportunity for scholars working on all periods in the Aegean to come together to exchange ideas, methods and results. We also welcome presentations on general network method and theory topics that show potential for application to studies of the Aegean past.
As part of the ongoing support that The Connected Past offers for the development of network analysis techniques and theory among students and practitioners, we are also hosting a practical workshop, offered by The Connected Past group, at which interested researchers can learn some of the basics of network science in practice. This will take place during the two days before the conference (i.e. August 30th and 31st).
- Where: Heraklion Conference Centre, Heraklion, Crete https://www.cccc.gr/en
- When: 1-2 September 2022
- Registration fee: €40 (€20 for graduate students)
- Associated activities: tour of Heraklion Archaeological Museum www.heraklionmuseum.gr and of the Palace of Knossos
- Details on accommodation options to follow
More information about The Connected Past Heraklion will appear on The Connected Past website: https://connectedpast.net